Applied Test Systems has been manufacturing custom furnaces and ovens since 1965, and entered into the bitumen / asphalt binder market in the early 1990’s with the introduction of Superpave! It only seems logical to expand our many years of industry and process heating knowledge into the creation of the Applied Test Systems Rolling Thin Film Oven, the RTFO Touch.
The NEW RTFO Touch from ATS has been designed to simulate short-term aging of asphalt binder according to ASTM D2872, AASHTO T240, EN 12607, Superpave, and California Test Method 346 test standards and now offers customizable options to accommodate a broad spectrum of users.
RTFO Touch Features
- Double walled stainless steel oven capable of maintaining temperature of up to 220⁰C (428⁰F)
- Precision NIST traceable Microprocessor -based Platinum RTD
- NIST traceable digital flow meter
- Heat-recovery time around 5 minutes after specimens are loaded
- Programmable airflow, temperature, and duration of the aging process
- Data acquisition
- End-of-process alarm (both visual and audible)
- Capability of setting it to turn on on a select date and time
- USB Port on the front for data downloads and software updates
- USB port on the back
- Ethernet ready to control the system remotely
- Slanted screen design for improved visibility
- English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Mandarin, and Arabic language options