EHS, (Electro Heat System) is a division of Applied Test Systems. EHS is a manufacturer of ceramic process heating elements of many different shapes, sizes and a variety of temperature ranges. Custom elements can be made to fit lab furnaces of other manufactures, at many times better prices than and longer lasting than the original manufacture. EHS also manufactures wide range of industrial style lab furnaces both large and small from simple split tubes to large car bottom furnaces.
- Element Materials:
- 2200°F (1204°C) Elements: High quality Kanthal A1 wire, consisting of an alloy of iron, chromium, and aluminum. Provides high-temperature service and long-life performance
- 1850°F (1010°C) Elements: 80 Ni/20 Cr wire, known for it’s reliability for decades
- 2200°F (1204°C) Elements: supplied with open windings or supplied embedded.
- 1850°F (1010°C) Elements: supplied with open windings or supplied embedded.
- Lead Length:
- 18 in. Standard. Other lengths available upon request
- Element Clearance:
- To achieve maximum element life, provide at least 1/8 in. radial clearance per inch of tube diameter when heating process tubes. For example: Provide at least 3/4 in. clearance on each side when using a 6 in. diameter process tube
- Element Life:
- Avoid rapid voltage fluctuations and temperature changes to obtain optimum element life
- Voltage Limits:
- Elements may be connected in a series to accommodate higher voltage, however, operation at 440 volts is not recommended due to dielectric properties for the spacing and temperatures being used
- Diameter Tolerance:
- Due to changes in dimensions when fired, element diameters may vary from 1/8 in. on smaller units to 3/8 in. on large ones
- Atmosphere Cautions:
- Contact one of our engineers regarding unusual applications, especially when corrosive atmosphere conditions exist
- Price Quotations:
- Consult one of our engineers to obtain a cost quotation for specific requirements
- Element Replacement:
- Direct replacements are available for other makes of elements and furnaces, contact one of our engineers
- Standard two-week delivery. Rush two-day delivery available
- Ninety (90) days on all manufacturing and material defects