The lack of devices to measure the shear properties of asphalt mixtures in Europe and the attempt to simplify the equipment compared to that used in North American countries, called the Superpave Shear Tester (SST), were motives for the development of the SHEAR1. Compared to SST, the SHEAR1 is of significant lower purchase and operational costs, due to its simpler design and its complementary use with Universal Testing Machines (a device eligible for a variety of other laboratory tests). Therefore, it is not a single-purpose device such as SST. The SHEAR1 can be used as well for other types of tests, for instance, a Uniaxial Shear Frequency Sweep Test.
- The maximum aggregate grain size is 22 mm
- Lower purchase and operational cost than Superpave Shear Tester
- Can be correlated to AASHTO T320-07
- Compatible with servo or electromechanical UTMs
- Multipurpose device – can be utilized for Uniaxial Shear Frequency Sweep
Operating Environmental Conditions
-20°C to 70°C; 20% to 80% relative humidity, non-condensing
|Altitude Limit||2,000 m|
|Storage||-25°C to 65°C; 10% to 86% relative humidity|
|External Dimensions||17 cm W x 20 cm H|
|Materials||Stainless Steel, Plastic|
Product specifications subject to change without notice.